FAMILY AND BIOGRAPHY
I was appointed Judge of the Wadsworth Municipal Court by then Governor George V. Voinvich. In 1997, I was elected for the unexpired judicial term. I have been re-elected in 2000, 2006 and 2012. I am a faculty member of The Ohio Supreme Court, Ohio Judicial College and currently serve on the Criminal Law and Procedure Committee for the Ohio Judicial Conference. I am a member of the Medina County Bar Association and a Trustee of the Association of Municipal/County Judges of Ohio, Inc. I am married to Sarah and have two sons and two daughters-in-law, Jacob & Emily and Alexander & Lori. I have five grand-children.
* Admitted to the United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 1982.
* Licensed to practice Law by the Ohio Supreme Court, November 1978.
* Ohio Northern University, Pettit College of Law, Juris Doctor, 1978.
* Muskingum College, New Concord, Ohio, Bachelor of Arts, 1975.
LAW RELATED ACTIVITIES AND HONORS
* Judge, Wadsworth Municipal Court, January 1, 1997 to Present.
* Faculty, The Ohio Supreme Court, Ohio Judicial College.
+ Preliminary Hearings & Initial Appearances
+ Jury Trials
+ Domestic Violence
+ Traffic topics
+ HB 123
+ Steering Committee - Plan educational programs for the year.
* Association of Municipal/County Judges of Ohio, Inc.
o Education Committee and elected Trustee in 2011
* President, Medina County Bar Association, 1990
* Boss of the Year, Medina County Legal Secretaries Association, 1994.